A La Mode Photographic Boutique | (04)210-7776 | artists@lamode.co.nz | 191 Plateau Road Te Marua

Friday, August 26, 2011

Angels on this Earth

Today I am counting my blessing and sitting down realizing what an amazing life this is.  I decided to do the insane thing and shift not just my studio but into my partners house at the same time.  Sometimes insanity just makes a bit of sense.   So my life is being turned inside out and upside down and I am cleaning out spaces and paring down to what is essential.  Through all of this work I have had a vision...a vision for my studio and a vision for my new blended family.   But the logistics and coordination of such a grand series of shifts are huge so enter the angels.

 The new shop space

We were competing for who could have the most amazing builders crack.  I think Jo and I tied.

Even the boys got in and helped us....Okay they had a bit more fun beating each other up with sacks of the rags we were using to distress the walls but they did get a fair amount of paint on themselves and a bit on the wall.

 Lana and Jo

There are people of this world who are just go givers I believe.  They always go out of there way to help and assist and create good vibes in the world.  I have had a swirl of these wonderfuls in my life.  The one who has been a brother to me from the moment I met him is Nima.  Nima is a Sherpa from Nepal.  We worked together on the Blueberry Farm for ages. He has been my rock through it all, and again I needed to move stuff and he asked his boss if he could borrow a truck and sorted me out.  We shifted it all with the help of Bruce Austin, Brucesonam Sherpa, and Mike Rodgers my flatmate from heaven.  Mike arrived a couple of months ago and has been a godsend.  He knows how to do things.  You know practical spacial stuff that does my head in, like fitting a fainting couch that is two inches two big for the doorway into the room without resulting to a hacksaw for the legs (my suggestion).
My partner is busy using CAD to design the perfect posing wall for the studio which he will be building for me this weekend.  I am so excited.  We even did our first mini shoot in the space yesterday with darling Rochelle.  Which gave me a better idea of how the light will play.  Ohhh that light is yummy, southfacing, reflecting off of the white building across the street and flooding in through the skylights.  The only building that actually has skylights that I can tell in Petone....Such a find!

Then there are the shopping angels which have my back...like the one that sent me to a beautiful fabric store just to drop by and say hello to the owner only to discover they had beautiful finials, and curtain rods that they were trying to get rid of....so 30.00 later I had the $300.00 worth of curtain rods I needed...Which Mike lovingly figured out how to put up for me.   Then there was the chap who sold me $600.00 worth of the perfect liliac and sage fabric to create bunting for the munted parts of the walls, and he gave it to me for $32.00 because he was shifting shop and wanted to have less to shift with.    I LOVE shopping angels.

I just wanted to shout out to all of the lovelies out there who have been such a beautiful gift to my life.  This dream that I am living now would not have happened without all of the amazing people who have touched my life.  You know who you are and know that I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment